Monday, July 04, 2005

Is Rove a Patsy?

I doubt it.

But as I studied the Online Magazine universe this weekend, searching for any new Rove/Plame info, I began to see some interesting takes. Early Sunday I read Josh Marshall's TPM post where these lines jumped out
Cooper and Miller are very different kinds of journalists, swim in very different waters. Are they really in this jam for the same reasons?
Not quite sure what to make of it, but having read about Miller's questionable sourcing on WMD, it struck an unexpected note.

Later I saw this at Kos (check out the part at bottom where Miller's relationship with David Kelly, The British WMD scientist/whistleblower who "killed himself" after being exposed, is discussed). This shit really blows my mind. More stories will surface along these lines, no doubt. Things are getting exciting and scary... the hint of Watergate in the air.

Still, I don't buy the idea Rove was passing planted info blindly. Not that I don't think he's too smart for that, but I do think he is much too crafty not to notice when someone is trying to fuck him (sorry for the disgusting imagery).

I still believe this will ultimately lead directly to Scooter and Dick. Rove may have been a willing soldier, but he was only a bit player. Same goes for Miller. And once again POTUS simple does and believes what he is told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home